Friday, November 9, 2012

Doodle 101 - Paperman Vynilmation Concept

I am so excited! We have a 3 day weekend here in the US, this means I get more time to draw and create plus more time with Andrei, that's always a plus.

People always comment how quirky it is that we never seem to get tired of each other's company, and to be sincere, even to us it is a thing of wonder.

When we began our relationship we were a world away from each other, we longed to be able to see each other face to face, at the very least be able to hold hands, so when we finally were together you could imagine we became inseparable.

Still, when we are together we are not lovey dovey, so much so that waiters always ask if we are going to pay together and people that don't know us assume we are just great friends, a fact that makes me chuckle every time.

What can I say, I am not into PDA, it comes from being shy I guess, but I somehow like to leave our more lovey side to ourselves.

After what happened all those years ago, we became even more inseparable, so much so that people will always act surprised if we show up to social events without the other and act worried, sort of as if we were missing a limb.

We have lunch together every single day, unless we have meetings or work related delays. Still, I like to spend some time alone, and my drawing time is indeed "me" time, plus sometimes I send Andrei to do the grocery shopping while I, in exchange, clean the house. He doesn't like to be away from me, but I was a loner before I met him and I like my space on time to time.

Plus we keep our work and work functions to ourselves, so you could say, we don't spend every hour of the day together, just an apparent insane amount of time side by side, and yet, it never feels like enough in the end.

I guess that once you have nearly lost the person you love the most in the world you realize that every moment spent together is as precious as any other, even when all you do is sit on the couch reading books.

Well... that was totally unrelated to today's doodle, well a bit unrelated anyway.

I have this large white vynilmation by my desk begging to be painted, at first I was going to try something candy related, then I thought maybe Mary Poppins, but after watching Paperman, I decided there was one thing I wanted to paint, today I sat down and did a quick sketch to start the process:
Paperman vynilmation concept (front) - green, red and black mechanical pencil on plain Moleskine notebook. Aprox 15 mins

Paperman vynilmation concept (back) - green, red and black mechanical pencil on plain Moleskine notebook. Aprox 15 mins
 Be on the lookout as I work on this project for the next weeks ahead.

Also, remember this Friday's interactive theme, you can see it here.

And lastly, check the giveaway contest, you have until Sunday night to enter, for rules, etc go here.

1 comment:

Marebabe said...

I was glad to have some time to let an idea brew and develop this week. Here is my character sketch:

Name: Lucy
Sex: F
Age: 72

Lucy is a farm wife, a leader in her community, a real salt-of-the-earth type. She is efficient and organized, cheerful and hospitable. Brought up in a large family, the second of eight children, she learned early to work and do her share to help keep a farm and household running smoothly. She is married to a cattle rancher, and has a grown son and daughter. She is slender and tall with curly hair and glasses, her favorite attire is jeans and a cotton blouse, and she is very fond of pockets. She likes a sweater or jacket with pockets, and in the kitchen she always wears a bib apron with 3 pockets. She milks a cow every morning and evening, she cooks and bakes most everything from scratch – even noodles! – and every summer she puts up the best pickles in the known universe. She loves having family and friends to visit, and in the summers she welcomes her City grandkids and assorted nieces and nephews to stay for a week or so, to experience the easy pace and simple pleasures of life in the country.