Monday, November 5, 2012

Doodle 097 - Fantasyland

One of the perks of living so close to Disney World is that we can attend special events and previews like the one we were lucky to get into this past weekend.

You had a small taste of what we saw, and as promised, I have more photos to share today, not too many though.

We toured the new "Be Our Guest" restaurant, my indoor photos didn't really turn out, but I have a few of my favorites from the outside theming:

Detail of lampost outside of the Beast's Castle

Mural over the main door for the "Be Our Guest" restaurant.

Gargoyles guarding the door.

The one indoor photo that turned up: (I need a better camera)
Mural inside the "Be Our Guest" restaurant.
 We also had the chance to ride the new Little Mermaid ride, the theming inside it was wonderful, and the ride itself super cute:
"Voyage of The Little Mermaid" - Prince Eric's castle... I want an apartment up there, so-very-badly.

Main entrance for the ride.
Sea slug light fixture inside the line of Ariel's Grotto.

 And finally we stopped by Gaston's Tavern right before eating lunch at "Be Our Guest" restaurant.
Gaston statue.

The man himself.


One of my favorite paintings inside the "Be Our Guest" restaurant.
 The new expansion is amazing, I can truly appreciate all the work that went into it, the attention to detail is breathtaking, you really do feel as if you were inside the movies themselves, if you can ever visit, I'd highly recommend it.

Finally, I did a quick doodle for today:
Priestess - Graphite and mechanical pencil on plain Moleskine notebook. Aprox 10 mins.
And as a closing note for the day: I added new pieces on my redbubble store (I added a link on the navigation bar for your convenience), some of you have already placed orders, and for that I want to express how grateful I am for your support, you guys never cease to amaze me.

3 comments:

MichelleH said...

That's so cool! Beauty and the Beast is my favourite of the Disney princess movies. Going back there one of these days was already on my bucket list...I'll have to bump it up a bit now. :)

Rhissanna said...

So, were there antlers in all of Gaston's decorating? Thank you for the photos, the lovely drawing and I'm headed over to your store now to see what you have.

Ronda C. said...

I love Beauty and the Beast, though I always liked Gaston, poor guy just went a little too far for love.