Thursday, November 15, 2012

Doodle 107 - Winter Drawings

One of the new things I have decided to do as part of my year-long project is drawing artist's trading cards.

I have known about them for many, many years, I thought of doing some while in college, but between work and school I decided I had more than enough on my plate.

Finally, I joined a group of designers and artists that does "doodle swaps" on a general basis. This time I jumped at the opportunity and now I have to start working on my set of cards if I want to send them out on time.

I figured my theme would be "Winter", today I did my first 3 cards, they are not finished, mostly because I want to keep them a surprise for my fellow swap participants until they get them in the mail:

Winter Doodle Cards - non-photo blue pencil, micron pen and prismacolor pencils on cold press watercolor artist trading cards. Aprox 40 mins.
These were a lot of fun to draw, I might have found a new giveaway type of item that would allow me to spread the love more. The cards are just 2.5'' x 3.5'', so they are kind of cute.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Wow those are really nice. Do they do cards for other types of art, other then drawing? I can't draw to save my life but I make fractal art all the time and would love to find a trade group that I could participate in.