Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Doodle 022 - Testing the Waters

Working on structure I ended up drawing this small sketch. You can see I was mostly trying to figure out the pose, then added some clothing.

She is just dipping her toes in a very shallow pond or pool.

Testing the Waters - Drawing from memory. Graphite and mechanical pencil on plain Moleskine notebook. Aprox 35 mins.

I was feeling rather tired and uninspired this evening. Some days all I want to do is watch TV and fall asleep after a long day at work, but my drive to get better and keep this project going, along with all of you guys, really motivates me to not call it a day.

I once heard a quote by Jack London: "You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." Whenever I feel like giving up, I remember that and chase it around the empty pages of my notebook until I manage to get something out.

6 comments:

Victoria said...

Came over here via Epbot, been lurking since. You sound really tired, I just wanted to encourage you to keep at it! Most importantly for yourself but also for myself, I enjoy watching other people draw art since I can't. :-) And I'm loving your style!

IMQTPI said...

Oh, yes! Definitely keep the pictures coming!!!

ania said...

I look forward to your sketches, and am always left feeling something lovely inside.

Take care of yourself.

Mrsblocko said...

I look forward to seeing your drawings everyday. I love the expressions you capture. Makes me wish I could do more than stick figures! You are so gifted!

Drawing Saudade said...

@Victoria: Thanks! I was indeed really tired, thanks so much for your encouragement, just wanted you to know, it worked! :)

@IMQTP: Never fear, I will keep on drawing!

@ania: Aw, thanks ania. I am happy my drawings make you happy.

@Mrsblocko: Thanks :) I am very glad to have you around and visiting every day.

hello haha narf said...

i am in awe of your talent! what i wouldn't give to be gifted with the ability to so quickly draw such magnificent images. swoon.
i used to think if i could change anything about myself the only thing i would want is a lovely singing voice. you have challenged that in me...i think i would prefer the ability to draw and sketch as well as you do. you are incredible!