Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Doodle 021 - Lady, Jake and a Fox

After watching yesterday's episode of Adventure Time I woke up wanting to draw Lady and Jake. I tried to get them as close to the actual show character design as I could. Then I decided to try an ink the drawing... and I remembered how badly I suck at inking haha!

Lady and Jake reference via the Adventure Time Wiki
 



No... really... I suck at inking, but that's the perfect excuse to try and ink more often, if I don't practice I'll never get any better.

Lady Rainicorn and Jake - Graphite, mechanical pencil and micron pens on plain Moleskine notebook. Aprox 30 mins. (Edit: The inking was bugging me sooo much I decided to try again or I couldn't sleep... I might have made it worse, but anyway, I tried heh...)
After that I did a very quick drawing of a small Fennec fox based on a random photo. It was too cute for me to not draw.

Fennec fox - Graphite and mechanical pencil on plain Moleskine notebook. Aprox 15 mins.
(Side note: 21 drawings... does this mean the blog is old enough to drink now? ;-p )

6 comments:

MichelleH said...

Ahhh! FENNEC FOXES! The only thing on earth cuter then Fennec foxes are red pandas. :)

Drawing Saudade said...

@Michelle H: Ooooh! Red pandas are one of my favorites too.

Susanna said...

The Lady Rainicorn & Jake drawing is adorable! I don't know how it looks IRL, but the inking looks fine in the picture here.

Drawing Saudade said...

@Susanna: Thanks,the thinner lines around Lady's rainbow pattern are shaky and rather sloppy. Unfortunately my hand is still not as steady as it should.

Yesterday I was obsessing about it so Andrei (my husband) had to drag me away and try to convince me it was OK.

Ah, to be one's worst critic. It is always such a pain ;)

Mrsblocko said...

You are way too hard on yourself! These drawings are super kawaii. :0D

Drawing Saudade said...

@Mrsblocko: Aw, thanks! And I was definitely going for kawaii, so that's a victory :)