Friday, October 12, 2012

Doodle 073 - La Calaverita and Interactive Friday Theme!

Alright! I am bit late with today's doodle, mostly because I tried to turn it into a quick color study... unfortunately I couldn't find my watercolors (seriously, I just had them! I'll probably find them tomorrow when I don't need them anymore), so I had to make do with water soluble crayons and patience.

I drew a "Calaverita", Calaveritas actually are witty satirical rhymes that are published during the Day of the Dead festivities. In this case it is a very elegant skeleton lady ready for a party.

La Calaverita - Blue mechanical pencil and water soluble crayons on watercolor paper. Aprox 40 mins.
And now for today's interactive Friday theme!
Myths and legends.

Pick your favorite mythological figure (any culture goes, the more exotic, the better), as always, I will take the first 6 and try and get to the rest as time allows.

11 comments:

MichelleH said...

Oooh, myths and legends...that's a hard one to choose! What about the ledgendary Phoenix? That should be fun...and I love that there can be only one. :)

Lauren said...

You should do Bast. Or the squirrel that runs up and down the world tree (Ratatoskr). That would be rad:)

Andrea said...

Medusa! (Or my husband said "The Kraken. It's like Medusa, on speed!")

Marebabe said...

I'll go with my first thought: Pegasus, the winged horse!

Professor von Explaino said...

It'd be cool to see you take on the Rainbow Serpent from Australian mythology - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_Serpent

Melissa said...

I'm rereading Harry Potter right now... just finished book 3. So I'm thinking a Hippogriff :)

Rhissanna said...

Herne the Hunter. With his horns and his hawk and his horse. I've run out of alliteration.

Moonlup said...

I love the colors on this one!

And if you're still taking exotics, perhaps a fiery salamander?

charissa said...

I'd love to see your take on a satyr or faun!
Love your drawings, and stories, thank you so much for sharing!

Andrea said...

What about a Valkyrie? I'm not sure what it is, so I'd love to see your take!

Sarah said...

I was also going to say Medusa, but since that was suggested how about something way left field and open to all kinds of interpretation: nephilim.

:D