Thursday, September 20, 2012

Doodle 051 - Maleficent

When I sat to draw today I was mostly thinking about Halloween. Like I said before, I love that holiday, it is just fun, plus it is the beginning of my favorite time of the year.

Whenever we can afford it or take time off work Andrei and I head over to Disney World around the end of September/beginning of October to run around Epcot during the Food and Wine fest and attend Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.

I am a sucker for Fall decor and candy, plus I love Disney's firework shows (seriously, their Halloween party fireworks are incredible), so I am pretty much as happy as a clam whenever we manage to wing it. This year I sacrificed my Halloweenish outing to Disney World in exchange for Dragon*Con. I am happy with my choice, but I still wish I could go.

That's why I ended up drawing her:

Maleficent - Graphite, mechanical pencil and micron pen on plain Moleskine notebook. Aprox 15 mins.
I love Maleficent, she is my favorite Disney classic villain, I think because she is just evil, period. To be sincere I am pretty sure she would have cast a curse on Aurora (Sleeping Beauty), even if she had been invited to the baby's party, because... she is just bad like that.

I have never drawn her before, and it fits my Halloween mood perfectly.

No comments: