Monday, September 3, 2012

Doodle 034 - Dragon*Con inspiration

Well,Dragon*Con is over. I won't be home until late Wednesday, so you guys still have a bit more time to run away before my recap hehehe, but for now, I just wanted to draw a couple of things inspired by my last day at the con.

One of the events I attended was the steampunk masquerade. I didn't get to meet Jen there as Lady Vadore (we eventually caught up thought), but I was so blown away by some of the costumes there, that today at the vendor's rooms I kept having to talk myself out of buying pretty (and expensive) things.

One of those shiny things was a beautiful hat, I probably will get one online when I figure a costume, but for now I just drew a quick sketch inspired by it.

The other drawing was a beautiful fox leather mask... I'm kinda kicking myself for not buying it, so I drew a more detailed design of a mask I would like to make one day.

I also spent a big chunk of my time with professional comic book artists and watching them work and how much dedication they put in their craft, really made me want to draw more and more.



2 comments:

Brooke said...

Run away? No way! I have to live vicariously through you and Jen because I don't live close enough to go to the Con myself. I can't wait for your recap! =)

That is a great hat you sketched!

Drawing Saudade said...

LOL
Yes, it was an awesome hat, I asked the lady that made them for her card because I really, really want one, but first I need to figure what I would wear with it.