Sunday, May 26, 2013

Doodle 299 - Meet-Up

Well, here we are, in the eve of my 300th doodle, I am both excited and a bit anxious about the project. Over the many weeks I have been at it I haven't missed one single day, I won't deny it hasn't been a struggle, some days I just want nothing more than to go straight to bed and not have to draw.

Other days I am so out of ideas/energy I am surprised I even can put a line or two on paper, but I have stuck it out somehow and my lines have gotten better.

I still have a lot to work on, and I am starting to figure out I will keep this blog going once I finish the whole year of doodles. I probably will post bi-weekly and finish my pieces though, but I plan on making a point of posting on a regular schedule to not let my drawing lapse again.

In the past 299 days a lot of things have happened. I started this blog, I somehow gained a wonderful group of people that encourage me daily, I moved cities, quit my job and started a brand new routine.

Life is starting to look pretty good, and my mental health is really improving by leap and bounds.

I couldn't quite figure out what I wanted to do to celebrate my 300th doodle, but then, I figured I could host a google hangout!

Basically, tomorrow at 7:30 p.m. E.T.  I will post a link here and on the facebook page, to join a hangout. There you will be able to see me draw, talk and well... hang out for an hour or two depending on turn out.

I am still figuring out the google hangout thing AND my computer has been acting wonky with the mic sound, so there is bound to be a glitch or two, still, my webcam works great and I will have plenty of pencils and paper.

Who knows, I might even take requests on the fly or we can play pictionary, we'll see how that goes.

For now, here are some quick doodles I whipped out today:

No comments: