Friday, October 18, 2013

Keeping busy

Hope my ghost story didn't freak you out too much and put you in the Halloween spirit... all pun intended LOL

I have been busy, but always make time to doodle during the week while I have breakfast, I also have been crafting a bunch of stuff. We attended Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party one last time and Andrei went as Dipper from Gravity Falls... if you haven't seen this show, it is pretty much the only thing I watch on the Disney Channel apart from Phineas and Ferb, that is, I watch it because I love it, not because of work lol.


It has a lot of cool humor, the animation is much better than some of the shows out there now, the story is a lot of fun and has a ton of suspense in it. It is on its very first season, so it is still a bit obscure even with Disney Cast Members, the kids and teens in the park recognized us inmediately, everybody else had no idea what we were LOL, same happened the first year we went in as Agent P, nobody knew what we were, and then the next year, everybody was a platypus or Phineas and Ferb.

I like to stay avant garde with my costumes, so it pleases me. I went as Mabel, I haven't downloaded my photos yet and I generally hate to be in them, but I'll try to be brave and add them later.

Here is the book prop I made for Andrei, I made it the same day of the party using a blank sketchbook, acrylics and mod podge. I will probably make two more and a tutorial.

Cover Sketch
Finished... along with puppy nose!
I drew one of the spreads really fast for more authenticity inside.
I was in a really, really long meeting one day, I doodled a bunch so I counted that as creative time along with work time:


And now, some doodles I do while trying to wake up every morning. My set up looks like this most of the time:
 

 Yup, coffee, breakfast and blank pages... somedays I can actually draw something, others I just space out due to lack of sleep...

 

And now, randomness that I have been up to. I work close to the Magic Kingdom, every day I am the lucky girl that goes under the toll plaza at Magic Kingdom on her way home. I love it, and I don't think I'll ever get tired of it. I always have to fight myself from going straight into the park, truly I would always be in there if it were up to me alone, but I still have to come home, have dinner, walk my cute doggy and take care of my freelance before going to bed... still, I do go in there at least once a week.

Right now they inflate these super cute pumpkins whenever they have a party scheduled:
 
I also finished my Nightmare before Christmas wreath, it is inspired by the ones in Disneyland and made with a pre-bought black wreath I found at Target this year, Christmas sprigs of holly and berries from JoAnns, Model Magic, acrylics and mod podge for the skull and finally the ribbon is all made with duck tape.
  
And finally a random doodle I made yesterday night because the decor at Tokyo Disney Resort is amazing and I wish we had it here, this is pretty much a drawing of a sculpted Daisy they have in the park, she is perfect!
 

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Keeping busy! Love your artwork as always.Daisy is too cute!

Jan said...

You said you went to the Halloween party one last time. Does that mean you aren't going to go in the future? Love all of your drawings. Glad to have you back and catching us all up. I have been watching some cool videos on Aaron Blaise's YouTube channel all about animation and drawing. Have a Happy Halloween!

Hope at Disneyland said...

I love your Daisy doodle and I think it's so cool how you work near MK now! I haven't been to a Halloween Party out here yet but I hear they're fun. I know GF is the new thing now, but I just couldn't get into it. Still love P&F though! :)

Hope at Disneyland said...

p.s. your ghost story did spook me! :)

Unknown said...

Wow! You've been keeping yourself pretty busy! :) I don't know how your resist the urge to go straight into the park each and every day! lol.

I am very jealous of your talent! I would love to have creative juices flowing through me all the time and feel confident enough to let them! haha! It's a catch 22. :)

Thanks for checking in! I love all your doodles during your meetings and I really love your Daisy!